Hollywood star Tom Hanks surprised a group of Girl Scouts in the San Francisco Bay Area over the weekend, buying some cookies from them and then lending his star power to help them sell more.
- Tom Hanks all set to play Mr Rogers in biopic titled You Are My Friend
- WATCH: Hold your breath! Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks play each other’s iconic roles on Ellen DeGeneres Show
- Tom Hanks on Hollywood sexual harassment scandals: It is not too late to change things
- Irrfan Khan walks red carpet with Tom Hanks for Inferno in Singapore
- Tom Hanks owns over 50 typewriters
- Tom Hanks enjoys World Cup match with family
The 58-year-old Oscar-winner and Bay Area native purchased four boxes himself, donated an additional USD 20 and offered to have is photo taken with people who recognised him, so long as they bought cookies, too, reported CBS.
Hanks was with his son Truman, and they were on their way to visit a Los Altos typewriter shop when the Girl Scouts had their star encounter.