Hollywood star Tom Hanks surprised a group of Girl Scouts in the San Francisco Bay Area over the weekend, buying some cookies from them and then lending his star power to help them sell more.
- WATCH: Hold your breath! Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks play each other's iconic roles on Ellen DeGeneres Show
- Tom Hanks starrer The Post to be screened at the White House
- Tom Hanks: The Post is about the state of America
- Meryl Streep responds to Tom Hanks' 'high maintenance' remark
- Tom Hanks jokes about high maintenance Meryl Streep
- Tom Hanks on Hollywood sexual harassment scandals: It is not too late to change things
The 58-year-old Oscar-winner and Bay Area native purchased four boxes himself, donated an additional USD 20 and offered to have is photo taken with people who recognised him, so long as they bought cookies, too, reported CBS.
Hanks was with his son Truman, and they were on their way to visit a Los Altos typewriter shop when the Girl Scouts had their star encounter.