Tom Hanks broke his silence on the drug addiction battle of his son Chet during the premiere of his upcoming film “Bridge of Spies” in New York.
Chet, an aspiring rapper, opened up about his battle with addiction on an Instagram post.
“As a parent, you love your kids unconditionally,” 59-year-old Tom told Entertainment Tonight.
“You support them in every step of the way. You got to applaud the bravery and honesty when it actually comes out of your own house,” said Hanks.
- Tom Hanks all set to play Mr Rogers in biopic titled You Are My Friend
- Tom Hanks will not screen his movie The Post for Donald Trump
- Tom Hanks: The Post is about the state of America
- Meryl Streep responds to Tom Hanks’ ‘high maintenance’ remark
- Tom Hanks on Hollywood sexual harassment scandals: It is not too late to change things
- Tom Hanks’ son Chet Haze goes missing?
Chet, 26, said having a famous father made it difficult for him to find a place where he could fit in.
“There’s nothing glorious about bringing yourself closer to death and prison,” he wrote on Instagram.