Monday, Nov 24, 2014

Tina Fey says no to ‘Mean Girls’ sequel

Tina Fey who had penned the screenplay of 'Mean Girls', clarified that no sequel was underway. (Reuters) Tina Fey who had penned the screenplay of 'Mean Girls', clarified that no sequel was underway. (Reuters)
Press Trust of India | London | Posted: March 14, 2014 11:25 am

Comedian and actress Tina Fey has shot down reports which suggested that a sequel to the 2004 teen comedy film ‘Mean Girls’ was in the making.

Actress Lindsay Lohan, who starred as the main lead in the movie had revealed last week that there could be a 10th anniversary project in the making, reported Contactmusic. However, the 43-year-old comedienne, who had penned the screenplay of the movie, clarified that no such project was underway.

The former ‘Saturday Night Live’ star did not completely rule out any kind of reunion for the cast, but said there definitely isn’t going to be a follow up to the high-school comedy.

“I said to her (Lindsay), ‘Oh, I think someone may call us about doing some kind of reunion because next month is the tenth anniversary of the movie.’ And so really… if everyone’s around we might try to do some kind of like panel discussion,” Fey said

“But it’s not like – it’s not another movie. At most it would be like a panel discussion with a plate of hot wings,” she added.

comments powered by Disqus