Director Tim Burton was rushed to hospital after being injured on the Blackpool set of his latest movie “Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiars”.
The 56-year-old director – who is currently filming in Blackpool, in the North West of England – hurt himself while taking a break from shooting and was quickly rushed to the hospital, reported Independent.
Burton was taken straight to the Victoria Hospital, where his assistant is said to have requested a private area be sectioned off for the star.
- Two youth hurt after being hit by ex-MP Pawan Kumar Bansal’s car, taken to hospital
- Miss Peregrine’s home for Peculiar Children movie review: Where peculiar is not impenetrable
- ‘Beetlejuice 2’ not in development: Tim Burton’s rep
- Eva Green in Tim Burton’s ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home…’?
- Hathaway was desperate to work with Burton
- Alice in Burtonland
Luckily, the Golden Globe-winner was informed that he hadn’t broken any bones and the film’s busy shooting schedule will continue with a special stunt scene set to go ahead around the town’s iconic Blackpool Tower this week.
His publicist said: “Tim attended hospital with a minor injury, no breakages.”
The fantasy picture, which is due to hit cinemas in 2016, stars Samuel L Jackson and Dame Judi Dench, and is based on the best-selling children’s novel of the same name by Ransom Riggs.
The cast and crew are said to have arrived in Blackpool last week to start filming.