Scottish actor Sylvester McCoy, best known as wizard Radagast the Brown in the hit fantasy adventure franchise “The Hobbit”, will attend Comic Con India next month.
The fifth annual edition of Mumbai Film & Comic Con (MFCC) will take place on December 19 and 20 at Goregaon, Mumbai.
McCoy, 72, is also known for playing the seventh incarnation of the Doctor in the long-running science fiction TV series “Doctor Who” from 1987 to 1989.
The actor will take special sessions, sign posters and speak to fans at the event.
“Hello India, hello Mumbai I’m looking forward to seeing you. I’m coming over in December, I’ll be seeing you on and December 19 and 20,” the actor said in a statement.
The event will feature over 200 exhibitors, including artists, writers and creators from across India and abroad.
- Bookmark your calendar: Literary festivals in and around India you can visit
- I would like the movie to have a sense of wonder and fantasy: Andrew Griffith
- Infinite Canvas: Slice-of-life and easy to publish, web comics have a special showcase at Comic Con Mumbai this year
- Chacha Choudhary, Nagraj, Super Commando Dhruva: The league of extraordinary gentlemen
- 'Game of Thrones' star Kristian Nairn to visit India
- Welcome, Mr Mycroft Holmes
Rob Denbleyker, author of “Cyanide and Happiness”, American comic book writer and screenwriter and Joe Harris will also attend MFCC.
Kids and adults can come dressed as their favourite comic, superhero and gaming characters. Around 10 new comic book titles will be launched.