Britain’s Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne has revealed that the recently announced Star Wars spinoff will also be shot in the UK.
The government minister recently visited the set of J J Abrams’ “Star Wars: Episode VII” set in London, said the Hollywood Reporter.
“On set of Episode VII tonight, can announce another #StarWars film will be made in UK. A #LongTermEconomicPlan in a galaxy far far away,” Osborne tweeted.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The new film will begin shooting in 2015.
“Lucasfilm and Disney’s decision to shoot the Star Wars stand-alone movie in the UK is testament to the incredible talent in Britain,” he added.
In recent years, the UK has introduced an aggressive set of tax incentives to lure top Hollywood projects. The ‘Star Wars’ films are projected to be a major boon to the local economy and film sector.