Robin Williams killed himself by hanging with a belt at his San rancisco-area home, sheriff’s officials said today.
Marin County Sheriff’s Lt. Keith Boyd said Williams was found in a bedroom by his personal assistant yesterday. Boyd said toxicology tests will be performed and the investigation is ongoing.
Sheriff’s officials said a preliminary investigation determined the cause of death was suicide due to asphyxia. Williams was 63 and had periodic bouts of substance abuse and depression. Williams’ press representative Mara Buxbaum said the actor had been battling severe depression recently.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Just last month, Williams announced he was returning to a 12-step treatment program. Coroner’s officials say he was last seen alive at home around 10 p.m. Sunday.