“Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” will be a sequel to the original series and set 19 years after the end of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”.
The ‘theatrical event’ in two halves is billed as the eighth part of the series. It is based on a new story by JK Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, reported Digital Spy.
The synopsis read, “It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.
- VIDEO: Harry Potter fans, drown into the magical world with this bizarre new chapter about ‘A Pile of Ash’
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone book with rare typo may fetch USD 25,940
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Season of the Witch
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child book review: Where love still trumps death
- New Harry Potter ‘book’ to be out in July
- Can’t wait to see Noma Dumezweni as Hermione: Emma Watson
“While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.”
The opening performances of Part One and Part Two are on Saturday, July 30, 2016 in London’s West End at the Palace Theatre.