Ryan Reynolds had to crawl home from a gymnasium on his hands and knees after injuring his back during an early-hours workout.
The Hollywood hunk was in training for his role as a muscle-bound superhero in new movie “Deadpool”, and he put himself through a punishing fitness regime to get in shape for the part.
However, on the very first day of his workout program he was left in agony after putting his back out while exercising alone in a gym at dawn, close to his home in New York City.
“On the first day I put my back out. (I was doing squats) then (the) next thing you know, I’m lying on the floor. It’s 6am, the gym’s empty and I haven’t even got my phone… I crawled. I couldn’t move, so I literally crawled on all fours, two blocks home…
- Thor, Captain America, Hulk and other Marvel superheroes react to Black Panther success
- Deadpool 2 trailer introduces Josh Brolin’s Cable and mercilessly pokes fun at Justice League
- Ryan Reynolds to play Detective Pikachu in first live action Pokemon film
- Deadpool 2 teaser: Ryan Reynolds is back but with a Bob Ross impression
- Fans brought ‘Deadpool’ to the big screen: Ryan Reynolds
- ‘Deadpool’ taught Ryan Reynolds to take life ‘less seriously’
“The last time I trained for a film like this was five years ago. It’s a big difference. Now, I mean… You start to wonder if you even still have abs under there,” he said.