Comedian Russell Brand has teamed up with former ‘Coronation Street’ actor Kevin Kennedy to open a dry pub to help people recovering from alcohol.
38-year-old Brand met Kennedy at a conference and discussed about the latter’s plan to open a pub in Brighton, South of Britain. The comedian has launched his Comic Relief-supported ‘Give It Up’ fund for addict support schemes, reported Daily Mirror.
“Because of support groups, addicts like me stand a chance. They’re a way for people to get clean and stay clean and they provide a sense of togetherness and purpose,” Brand said.
Former ‘Corrie’ star Kennedy is looking to raise 100,000 pounds to finance the new community hub. “Russell and I are speaking from the same hymn sheet. We both believe that abstinence is the only way to treat addiction,” he said.
“I’ve told him about my dry pub idea and he said it was great to have me here. I need a start-up fund and I’m speaking to Russell to see if he can help us out,” he added.
“I want to create a place that’s classy and out there in the open for people to come and get support. It’s about visual recovery not hiding away. I want people to go there and feel safe,” he added.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn