Filmmaker Danny Boyle challenged his fellow Britisher Ridley Scott after “The Martian” director called his acclaimed 2015 movie “straightforward”.
Scott insisted he had no problems shooting the Mars-based movie once he started filming, because the script was so good, prompting Steve Jobs director Boyle to protest, because he’ll never make another space film after tackling “Sunshine” in 2007.
Boyle interrupted his peer and stated, “It’s weird making space movies, because you are in the footsteps of the people who have been there before, principally him (Scott)… It was so tough.
“When the film came out and I did all the publicity, I remember having this schtick, where I said, ‘I’ve looked at it and no director who has ever been in space ever goes back to space, unless he’s got to do a sequel’ – and then he’s defied it of course by making The Martian, and then he sits there and says it wasn’t a problem at all!”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched