Actress Rebecca Hall and actor Jemaine Clement have joined the cast of Steven Spielberg’s first Disney film, “The BFG”.
The full cast of the upcoming movie has been announced by Disney along with the announcement of the studio’s plans to co-produce and co-finance it, reported Aceshowbiz.
“In more than 40 years of making movies, I have been on the producing end of a number of films for The Walt Disney Company, but never as a director.
- Celebrity spotting: Kareena Kapoor Khan, Karisma Kapoor, Taapsee Pannu and Aamir Khan rock airport look
- Sourav Kothari wins gold in billiards in Asian Indoor Games
- Roger Federer leads Team Europe to Laver Cup title win
- Surgical strikes can be repeated if necessary, Army Chief Bipin Rawat warns Pakistan
- What is Saubhagya Yojana
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai 25 September full episode written update: Naksh and Keerti celebrate their mehndi with a Muslim family
“It is a special joy to be in the director’s chair as we start ‘The BFG’ alongside my long-time friends and film collaborators Kathy Kennedy, who introduced me to this project, Frank Marshall and Melissa Mathison. Together with them and Disney, there are many reasons why I am so excited about this joint venture,” said Spielberg in a statement.
The movie tells the story about Sophie, who discovers that giants not only exist, but that there are a great many of them who like to guzzle and swallomp nice little chiddlers. But not the Big Friendly Giant.
He and Sophie cook up an ingenious plot to free the world of troggle-humping forever.
Mark Rylance will play the titular character Big Friendly Giant, newcomer Ruby Barnhill will play Sophie, Penelope Wilton will be seen as The Queen, while Hall, 32, will play The Queen’s maid, Mary.
Clement, 41, and other stars like Bill Hader, Michael Adamthwaite, Daniel Bacon, Chris Gibbs, Adam Godley, Jonathan Holmes, Paul Moniz de Sa and Olafur Olaffson will star as the giants.
“The BFG” is scheduled to be released on July 1, 2016.