“Baywatch” antagonist was initially set to be a man but the makers decided to change the gender of the character after meeting Priyanka Chopra.
The Bollywood star will make her Hollywood movie debut as villainous Victoria Deeds in the Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson-starrer.
Priyanka is excited to play a negative character in the Hollywood project, a reboot of the hit ’90s show of the same name.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“It is so much fun to play a negative character because you have the liberty to go out of your comfort zone and do anything. Victoria is a very mean character,” Priyanka told PTI in an interview over phone from Montreal, Canada.
“It (the role) was initially written for a man and they were talking to me for another part. But after the director met me, they thought I would be better as a villain and then they changed the character to be a female,” said the actress.
The star, whose earlier negative roles were in Bollywood movies “Aitraaz” and “7 Khoon Maaf”, will be seen taking on the Rock and his squad in the Seth Gordon-directed film.
“It was really exciting that they changed the role for me. You have to be a very strong character to take on ‘The Rock’ and entire lifeguard squad. They will be six whereas I am alone. It looked very cool to me,” she said.
The actress already made her successful international debut last year with American TV show “Quantico”, whose second season she is currently shooting.
Priyanka, 33, will be next seen on the big screen in the role of a tough cop in Prakash Jha’s “Jai Gangaajal”, which releases on March 4.