“Baywatch” antagonist was initially set to be a man but the makers decided to change the gender of the character after meeting Priyanka Chopra.
The Bollywood star will make her Hollywood movie debut as villainous Victoria Deeds in the Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson-starrer.
Priyanka is excited to play a negative character in the Hollywood project, a reboot of the hit ’90s show of the same name.
“It is so much fun to play a negative character because you have the liberty to go out of your comfort zone and do anything. Victoria is a very mean character,” Priyanka told PTI in an interview over phone from Montreal, Canada.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“It (the role) was initially written for a man and they were talking to me for another part. But after the director met me, they thought I would be better as a villain and then they changed the character to be a female,” said the actress.
The star, whose earlier negative roles were in Bollywood movies “Aitraaz” and “7 Khoon Maaf”, will be seen taking on the Rock and his squad in the Seth Gordon-directed film.
“It was really exciting that they changed the role for me. You have to be a very strong character to take on ‘The Rock’ and entire lifeguard squad. They will be six whereas I am alone. It looked very cool to me,” she said.
The actress already made her successful international debut last year with American TV show “Quantico”, whose second season she is currently shooting.
Priyanka, 33, will be next seen on the big screen in the role of a tough cop in Prakash Jha’s “Jai Gangaajal”, which releases on March 4.