Actress Dakota Johnson says men are scared to ask her out because of her erotic-romance “Fifty Shades of Grey”.
The 26-year-old actress has been single since splitting up with Drowners rocker Matt Hitt last year and is worried men don’t approach her because they of her role in the movie, reported Daily Mirror.
Referring to some bold scenes in the movie, she said, “Some people think this is something I’m interested in, in my private life, which is not the case. I’m an actor, I pretend. But I guess it’s something that happens with a lot of actors; people think that, in real life, they are like the characters they play.”
The “How To Be Single” actress insisted she is too busy concentrating on her career to worry about men.
- Fifty Shades franchise reaches its climax, but critics aren’t gratified
- Coldplay frontman Chris Martin dating actor Dakota Johnson?
- Watch Fifty Shades Freed trailer: Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan take their love to its climax and beyond
- Dakota Johnson hits out at ‘brutal’ Hollywood over ageism
- Excited to work with James Foley on ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’: Dakota Johnson
- Dakota is a gifted actress: Don Johnson
“My life has changed dramatically. There are times that I feel lonely, but then I just watch movies and read books and I’m happy that I have the time to do those things. I cherish my solitude.
“Luckily I have such a distraction in my job, I don’t think about men very often. All of my focus is on my job at the moment.”