Oscar Awards 2016 are around the corner and fans have started rooting for their favourites, be it in the Best Film category, Best Actor (Male), Best Actor (Female), Best Director or any other category. The best will win on the 28th February. This year, the movies which have been nominated in the best picture category are ‘The Revenant’, ‘Room’, ‘Spotlight, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’, ‘The Martian’, ‘The Big Short’, ‘Bridge of Spies’ and ‘Brooklyn’.
Leonardo DiCaprio, as DiCaprio does, gives this film all he has got, and more, as he crawls, strips, grunts and grates, and is butchered and butchers in return, for revenge. Three stars. (Read: The Revenant movie review: Leonardo DiCaprio gives this film all he has got)
Mark Ruffalo’s film is a gripping portrait of what happens when institutions decide they are bigger than the people who make them. Four-and-a-half stars. ( Read: Room movie review: what if the world is no bigger than a small room)
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The first part of Room ends with Jack’s flight — almost too quickly. The rest, dealing with their life in the world outside, is more predictable, more practical. Four stars. (Read: Spotlight movie review: Mark Ruffalo’s film shines its light on the dark recesses where the truth hid)
The Big Short:
Directed by Adam McKay ‘The Big Short’ stars Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, Arnon Milchan and Brad Pitt.
Bridge of Spies:
“What defines us both as American? It is the Constitution, that is the only rule book.” That’s James B Donovan speaking, and once again Steven Spielberg hits the nail on the head with a film so politically astute for its times. Three-and-a-half-stars.
Starring Saoirse Ronan, Emory Cohen, Domhnall Gleeson, Jim Broadbent and Julie Walters, Brooklyn has been directed by John Crowley.
Mad Max: Fury Road:
Many old Mad Max fans are heartbroken at Charlize Theron being the real hero of this film. Nicholas Hoult is the closest in the acting department to Theron as Joe’s “war boy” chasing imagined glory, while Tom Hardy is all lips. four stars.
Glee is the underlying narrative of from this surprisingly optimistic space tale the director who gave us Alien. ‘Man stranded on Mars’ is just the setting. Three-and-a-half-stars.