With just two days left for the 86th Academy Awards, we bring you a list of what to expect at this year’s Oscar night.
1. The 2014 Oscar Awards will be produced by Neil Meron for the second time along with partner Craig Zadan. After Seth MacFarlene hosted last year’s Oscar night, chat-show host Ellen Degeneres is sure to have the Dolby Theatre roaring with laughter at her jokes and antics.
2) This year’s theme at the Oscars is ‘Heroes’. Special presentations will honor animated heroes, those from real life (such as Nelson Mandela) and popular heroes.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
3) Singer Bette Midler will be making her Oscar debut at this year’s Academy Awards. Though the songstress has been nominated for the Oscars before, this will be the first time that Bette will be performing in her five-decade-long career.
4) The other performances include the four Oscar nominated songs – ‘Happy’, ‘Let It Go’, ‘The Moon Song’ and ‘Ordinary Love’, performed by Pharrell Williams, Idina Menzel, Karen O, and U2. ‘Just Give Me a Reason’ singer, Pink is also said to take to the Oscar stage, however, the nature of her performance is unknown.
5) There will be a celebration of the 75th anniversary of 1939, the year which is considered the Best Movie Year Ever. A tribute will be paid to the best film of that year, ‘The Wizard of Oz’.
6) This year, student filmmakers will pass out the statuettes. The college students competed for the honor by submitting their own projects.
7) The 2014 Oscars will see a number of rising young stars who will take the stage to present awards or introduce film clips. These include Zac Efron, Andrew Garfield, Chris Hemsworth, Anna Kendrick, Channing Tatum and Emma Watson.
8) There will also be some veteran stars who will present awards including Sidney Poitier who will be marking the 50th anniversary of his Oscar win for ‘Lilies in the Field’, which made him the first black actor to win an Oscar for a leading role. Kim Novak who seldom makes public appearance will also take the stage. Another familiar face will be Bill Murray whose only previous appearance as an Oscar presenter was 10 years ago.
9) After being snubbed for his previous Oscar nominated performances, Leonardo DiCaprio is predicted to take home the Best Actor Award for ‘Wolf of Wall Street’.
10) Jennifer Lawrence and Lupita Nyong’O will battle it out for Best Supporting Actress for their respective films – ‘American Hustle’ and ‘12 Years A Slave’.
11) ‘American Hustle’ and ‘12 Years a Slave’’ are up for best picture – a prize each claimed at the Golden Globes – along with ‘Gravity’.
12) Among the contenders for Best Supporting Actor include is Bradley Cooper for ‘American Hustle’ and Jared Leto for ‘Dallas Buyers Club’.