With just two days left for the 86th Academy Awards, we bring you a list of what to expect at this year’s Oscar night.
1. The 2014 Oscar Awards will be produced by Neil Meron for the second time along with partner Craig Zadan. After Seth MacFarlene hosted last year’s Oscar night, chat-show host Ellen Degeneres is sure to have the Dolby Theatre roaring with laughter at her jokes and antics.
2) This year’s theme at the Oscars is ‘Heroes’. Special presentations will honor animated heroes, those from real life (such as Nelson Mandela) and popular heroes.
3) Singer Bette Midler will be making her Oscar debut at this year’s Academy Awards. Though the songstress has been nominated for the Oscars before, this will be the first time that Bette will be performing in her five-decade-long career.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
4) The other performances include the four Oscar nominated songs – ‘Happy’, ‘Let It Go’, ‘The Moon Song’ and ‘Ordinary Love’, performed by Pharrell Williams, Idina Menzel, Karen O, and U2. ‘Just Give Me a Reason’ singer, Pink is also said to take to the Oscar stage, however, the nature of her performance is unknown.
5) There will be a celebration of the 75th anniversary of 1939, the year which is considered the Best Movie Year Ever. A tribute will be paid to the best film of that year, ‘The Wizard of Oz’.
6) This year, student filmmakers will pass out the statuettes. The college students competed for the honor by submitting their own projects.
7) The 2014 Oscars will see a number of rising young stars who will take the stage to present awards or introduce film clips. These include Zac Efron, Andrew Garfield, Chris Hemsworth, Anna Kendrick, Channing Tatum and Emma Watson.
8) There will also be some veteran stars who will present awards including Sidney Poitier who will be marking the 50th anniversary of his Oscar win for ‘Lilies in the Field’, which made him the first black actor to win an Oscar for a leading role. Kim Novak who seldom makes public appearance will also take the stage. Another familiar face will be Bill Murray whose only previous appearance as an Oscar presenter was 10 years ago.
9) After being snubbed for his previous Oscar nominated performances, Leonardo DiCaprio is predicted to take home the Best Actor Award for ‘Wolf of Wall Street’.
10) Jennifer Lawrence and Lupita Nyong’O will battle it out for Best Supporting Actress for their respective films – ‘American Hustle’ and ‘12 Years A Slave’.
11) ‘American Hustle’ and ‘12 Years a Slave’’ are up for best picture – a prize each claimed at the Golden Globes – along with ‘Gravity’.
12) Among the contenders for Best Supporting Actor include is Bradley Cooper for ‘American Hustle’ and Jared Leto for ‘Dallas Buyers Club’.