Selfies are the in thing! And here’s a selfie which is all set to break all records of the maximum number of retweets any image has received.
Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, who returned as the host for the host of 86th Academy Awards, tweeted a group selfie with Bradley Cooper Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep and other Hollywood biggies.
Ellen aptly captioned the image, “If only Bradley’s arm was longer. Best photo ever. #oscars.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The picture received a whopping 1,575,545 retweets and 747,963 favorites in nearly 2 hours of Ellen’s posting the picture.
The picture broke a record set by President Barack Obama with the picture of him hugging First Lady Michelle Obama after his re-election in 2012.
Twitter also sent out an apology because all of the retweeting disrupted service for more than 20 minutes after 10 p.m. ET.
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) March 3, 2014
Ellen DeGeneres returned as Oscar host, bringing a deadpan affability, and free pizza, to the Academy Awards show while still poking fun at Hollywood royalty. (With AP inputs)