Selfies are the in thing! And here’s a selfie which is all set to break all records of the maximum number of retweets any image has received.
Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, who returned as the host for the host of 86th Academy Awards, tweeted a group selfie with Bradley Cooper Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep and other Hollywood biggies.
Ellen aptly captioned the image, “If only Bradley’s arm was longer. Best photo ever. #oscars.”
The picture received a whopping 1,575,545 retweets and 747,963 favorites in nearly 2 hours of Ellen’s posting the picture.
The picture broke a record set by President Barack Obama with the picture of him hugging First Lady Michelle Obama after his re-election in 2012.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Twitter also sent out an apology because all of the retweeting disrupted service for more than 20 minutes after 10 p.m. ET.
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) March 3, 2014
Ellen DeGeneres returned as Oscar host, bringing a deadpan affability, and free pizza, to the Academy Awards show while still poking fun at Hollywood royalty. (With AP inputs)