The 86th Academy Awards hosted by Ellen DeGeneres created quite a rage on the internet, especially Facebook. According to reports, 11.3M people had 25.4M interactions about the Oscars.
Some of the popular moments that made waves included ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ actor Jared Leto’s emotional tribute to his mother, when he took the stage to accept his Oscar for Best Supporting Actor and Matthew McConaughey’s thank you speech on stage when he was awarded the Oscar for Best Actor for his his role in the same film.
Ellen DeGeneres famous pizza distribution moment and Bette Midler’s Oscar debut on stage performing ‘Wind Beneath My Wings’ were also high on the best moment list. These were followed closely by the celebration of the entire cast of ’12 Years A Slave’, when it was announced as the Best Film.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Top Demographics talking about Oscar night included Women – 18-34, followed by women – 35 – 49. After which came, Men – 18-34, Women 50+ and lastly Men – 35-49.
The Oscar telecast on Sunday night also pulled in a record viewer ship of 43 million, which was up by 2.5 million from previous year.