Talk Show host Oprah Winfrey will help Hollywood star Brad Pitt produce a movie on the African-American Civil Rights leader Martin Luther King.
The 59-year-old ‘The Oprah Winfrey Talk-show’ star will produce the movie ‘Selma’, in which her ‘Butler’ co-star David Oyelowo will play the lead role, the Hollywood Reporter said.
“It’s a subject matter close to her heart. The producers are behind some of the most forward-thinking movies of last year, and they are all coming together,” said Ava DuVernay, the director of the movie.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The film tells the story of a group of black marchers who attempt to walk from Selma in Alabama, to nearby Montgomery in order to gain the right to vote in 1965. However, the protesters find themselves in the crosshairs of the police.
Winfrey will produce with Brad Pitt through his Plan B Productions company which has also produced award-winning movie ’12 Years a Slave’.