Talk Show host Oprah Winfrey will help Hollywood star Brad Pitt produce a movie on the African-American Civil Rights leader Martin Luther King.
The 59-year-old ‘The Oprah Winfrey Talk-show’ star will produce the movie ‘Selma’, in which her ‘Butler’ co-star David Oyelowo will play the lead role, the Hollywood Reporter said.
“It’s a subject matter close to her heart. The producers are behind some of the most forward-thinking movies of last year, and they are all coming together,” said Ava DuVernay, the director of the movie.
The film tells the story of a group of black marchers who attempt to walk from Selma in Alabama, to nearby Montgomery in order to gain the right to vote in 1965. However, the protesters find themselves in the crosshairs of the police.
Winfrey will produce with Brad Pitt through his Plan B Productions company which has also produced award-winning movie ’12 Years a Slave’.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More