Chat show queen Oprah Winfrey says she is not upset that her critically acclaimed return to acting in Lee Daniels’ Butler missed on an Oscar nomination in the supporting actress category.
Oprah was overlooked in the category in favor of Sally Hawkins for ‘Blue Jasmine’, Jennifer Lawrence for ‘American Hustle’, ’12 Years a Slave’s Lupita Nyong’o, ‘August: Osage County’s Julia Roberts and ‘Nebraska’s June Squibb, reported E! Online.
Winfrey, 59, who attended the Critics’ Choice Awards recently, said she never expected to get nominated for her role of alcoholic wife Gloria to Forrest Whitaker’s White House butler.
“I haven’t picked up the acting chops in 15 years, so to be able to be a part of a film that could get that kind of attention, that could earn that kind of audience respect that it has… I’ve been saying all along, ‘I already won’,” she added.
“If anybody sees or reads anything that says I was the slightest bit upset – I had no expectation for a nomination. I really didn’t. I think I was the only person who didn’t in my group. And I just feel like, wow. What an amazing thing I got to do that. I really do,” Winfrey said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The media mogul, however, did find it puzzling that the film missed out in the best picture category even though they could have nominated a 10th title.
“Gayle King brought to my attention that there was an extra spot for the Best Picture. So I don’t know what happened there,” Winfrey said.
Nine films were nominated in the best picture category but ‘Butler’, which was being seen as a contender, lost steam midway.