Chat show queen Oprah Winfrey says she is not upset that her critically acclaimed return to acting in Lee Daniels’ Butler missed on an Oscar nomination in the supporting actress category.
Oprah was overlooked in the category in favor of Sally Hawkins for ‘Blue Jasmine’, Jennifer Lawrence for ‘American Hustle’, ’12 Years a Slave’s Lupita Nyong’o, ‘August: Osage County’s Julia Roberts and ‘Nebraska’s June Squibb, reported E! Online.
Winfrey, 59, who attended the Critics’ Choice Awards recently, said she never expected to get nominated for her role of alcoholic wife Gloria to Forrest Whitaker’s White House butler.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“I haven’t picked up the acting chops in 15 years, so to be able to be a part of a film that could get that kind of attention, that could earn that kind of audience respect that it has… I’ve been saying all along, ‘I already won’,” she added.
“If anybody sees or reads anything that says I was the slightest bit upset – I had no expectation for a nomination. I really didn’t. I think I was the only person who didn’t in my group. And I just feel like, wow. What an amazing thing I got to do that. I really do,” Winfrey said.
The media mogul, however, did find it puzzling that the film missed out in the best picture category even though they could have nominated a 10th title.
“Gayle King brought to my attention that there was an extra spot for the Best Picture. So I don’t know what happened there,” Winfrey said.
Nine films were nominated in the best picture category but ‘Butler’, which was being seen as a contender, lost steam midway.