Kurt Russell insists his stepson Oliver Hudson is mending his strained relationship with his father Bill, who publicly disowned his son.
The “Scream Queens” actor and his “How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days” actress sister Kate Hudson were publicly disowned by Bill last month following comments they made on social media, reported Hollywood Life.
Oliver had tweeted “Happy abandonment day @katehudson” on Father’s day with a photo of Bill and his younger sister Kate Hudson.
- Big apple dreams: Bill Hayes on New York and his new book
- Kate Hudson ‘blessed’ by father’s abandonment
- Kate and Oliver Hudson ‘not surprised’ at disownment?
- My daughter Kate Hudson is dead to me, says dad Bill Hudson
- Kate Husdon Plays the wrong girl and loves it
- Kate Hudson plays the wrong girl,and loves it
Russell, 64, believes the row was blown out of proportion.
“I understood Oliver’s sense of humour and since then, there’s been some nice back and forth between Bill and Oliver and that’s nice to see. You want people to enjoy life as much as they can,” the actor said.
“We live in a world that if you say something or do something, it can be latched onto for 24 hours or 48 hours.”