A judge has ordered Nick Gordon to pay more than USD 36 million to the family of Bobbi Kristina Brown in wrongful death case. Two months ago, Gordon, 21, was found legally responsible for Bobbi Kristina’s death, reported E! online. The daughter of Bobbi Brown and the Whitney Houston died in July 2015 at age 22 after being in a coma for months. She was found face down and unconscious in a bathtub in a Georgia the home she shared with Gordon, who she often called her “husband”.
Fulton County Superior Court Judge T Jackson Bedford had said in September that because Gordon failed to appear in court on two scheduled court dates, anything alleged by the plaintiff was admitted through omission. “I am pleased with the outcome of today’s court proceedings. I do know that Mr Gordon will be unable to slander my daughter’s name in the future or obtain any benefits from the use of Krissy’s name.
“Finally, I do need for the District Attorney’s Office to step up and begin the criminal prosecution of Mr Gordon. The delay in that matter is of great concern to me and my family. We need for District Attorney Howard to act now,” Bobby said in a statement.
The USD 36 million includes USD 15 million for the present value of life, USD 13.8 million for pain and suffering and USD 1.37 million for assault and battery. The lawsuit had alleged Bobbi Kristina “died due to a violent altercation” with Gordon, “after which he placed her in a bathtub, unconscious after he injected her with a toxic mixture.”
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet