Production on “Halloween Returns”, the 11th film in the popular horror franchise, will begin in July, this year.
Marcus Dunstan is directing from a script he wrote with Patrick Melton. The duo previously teamed on the scripts for the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh “Saw” movies, reported Variety.
The film will be the next instalment of the latest Halloween reboots that include 2007’s “Halloween” and 2009’s “Halloween II”.
- Indiana Jones V: Steven Spielberg will begin filming in 2019
- Halloween 2017: Five Ramsay Brothers horror movies which are so bad that they are good
- Halloween 2017: These 10 horror TV shows will give you the creeps
- Halloween 2017: Enjoy a spooky celebration at these restaurants in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bengaluru
- Halloween 2017: 10 costume ideas inspired by movie characters
- Live Wire
The movie will be produced by Malek Akkad with Matthew Stein as executive producer. The logline is currently being kept under wraps.
“Michael Myers has taken a long break from the bigscreen, and we know fans are eager to see him return.” said Bob Weinstein, co-chair of the Weinstein Company and Dimension Films.
“We are excited to be back in business with Trancas and look forward to bringing one of the scariest instalments of this classic franchise to audiences worldwide,” he added.