Hollywood star Natalie Portman’s directorial debut, ‘A Tale of Love and Darkness’, has encountered some backlash from local residents during its location shoot in Israel.
Earlier this week, the leaders in Jurusalem’s Nahlaot neighborhood filed a letter of complaint with the city’s deputy mayor in protest of the decision to allow the crew to shoot there, said the Holllywood reporter.
An adaptation of Israeli novelist Amos Oz’s celebrated memoir of the same name, the film has been shooting in Israel since the beginning of this month.
Portman, 32, whose father is Israeli and mother American, was born in Jerusalem. She will also appear in the film, in a supporting role.
“The film shooting is set to take place on several sensitive streets close to synagogues and yeshivas, and the scenes being filmed should have been examined first to make sure they don’t offend anybody’s sensitivities,” the letter from residents to the municipality reads.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
‘A Tale of Love and Darkness’ is produced by Portman’s own Handsomecharlie Films banner. The company received about USD 450,000 from the Jerusalem Development Authority to shoot the film in the capital.