Hip-hop artist Nas has been honoured to be the subject of a mural painted in his hometown in Queensbridge, New York. The American star, whose real name is Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones, rose to prominence with his 1994 debut album Illmatic, and has since gone on to sell 25 million records worldwide.
He is also an entrepreneur, and serves as an associate publisher of Mass Appeal magazine and is the owner of a Fila sneaker store.
Paying tribute to his success, Nas is the focus of a large-scale mural painted this month on a wall in Queensbridge, New York, reported Contactmusic. “I got the call, people texting me pictures about it and it scared me because usually when they put a mural up of
someone up in the neighbourhood, it’s because he’s dead,” Nas said during an appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!.”
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“It is a huge honour and I hope that the kids out there see it as an example. Like, you could be something y’know, (it) doesn’t matter where you’re from or whatever. If you have a dream go for it.”
The mural was painted by Brooklyn-based Italian artist Jorit Agoch using spray paint. It features a photo realistic portrayal of Nas’ face as well as the word “Queensmatic” in a large font.
Meanwhile, Nas is preparing for the release of a new as-yet-untitled album, which he announced on DJ Khaled’s Major Key record. He is also executive producing his protege Dave East’s debut project and working on other ventures including the Netflix show “The Get Down.”