Merry Saltzman, the daughter of “James Bond” producer Harry Saltzman, has reportedly secured the rights to a Bond stage show.
The show, “James Bond: The Musical”, will include music and lyrics from Jay Henry Weisz, while Dave Clarke has written the story, reported Digital Spy.
The musical will have an original plot, including several Bond villains, along with some new ones.
- A YouTube compilation of sexist scenes from James Bond films has left many Internet users uneasy
- Was Blade Runner 2049 director Denis Villeneuve offered Bond 25? Here’s the truth
- James Bond could be non-white or woman, say makers
- Happy Valley actor James Norton says he is not in the race for Bond role
- Idris Elba no longer interested in playing James Bond
- No mid-life crisis for 007 as Bond films turn 50
While production and casting details have not yet been announced, the show will apparently debut in late 2017 or early 2018 in Las Vegas.
The next Bond movie, “Spectre” starring Daniel Craig, is scheduled to release on November 6.