US First Lady Michelle Obama hosted the White House screening of “We Will Rise” documentary, which also stars Indian actor Freida Pinto, who is also one of the producers of the film. Michelle Obama and actor Meryl Streep had much to celebrate on Tuesday when they hugged on stage at the White House during the screening, which coincided with the International Day of the Girl, reports people.com. The two travelled together over the summer to Liberia and Morocco, along with Malia and Sasha Obama, to shoot the documentary.
At the event, Michelle Obama shared her love for the Oscar-winning actress, saying, “The great Meryl Streep has just devoted her not-a-lot-of-time to this project. And she is delightful — she is delightful and is intelligent and is focused and engaged — as you would imagine Meryl Streep to be.” She also expressed her admiration for the young girls and women she met during her trip abroad for the documentary, telling the audience it was her very last trip with her daughters while President Barack Obama is still in office.
“I carry their stories with me every single day. And it was a privilege to bring my mother and my daughters with me to Liberia and Morocco and — for them to get to meet you. And that was our very last trip together during our time in the White House, so it was special for so many different reasons,” she said. In a sneak peek from the upcoming documentary about the initiative, Streep reflects on why she was inspired to join the programme and travel with the First Lady over the summer.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The documentary is directed by Tony Gerber. Freida joined hands with Michelle Obama for Let Girls Learn — a government initiative aimed at helping girls obtain quality education. The “Slumdog Millionaire” star joined them to stress on the importance of education and staying in school. An ambassador for the girls’ education campaign Girl Rising, Freida was also earlier one of the producers of a documentary titled “Girl Rising”. “We Will Rise: Michelle Obama’s Mission to Educate Girls Around the World” is a CNN Films production produced by the same team behind the feature documentary “Girl Rising”.