Matthew McConaughey’s Oscar speeches during this award season was playfully mocked on an episode of Saturday Night Live.
Comedian Taran Killam played the ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ star in the episode on the recent episode of the comedy show.
Sitting down next to new anchor Colin Jost and wearing a white tux similar to the one worn by McConaughey at the Oscars, Killam was quick to stop Jost, who complimented him on his win, reported Us magazine.
“Don’t congratulate me. Congratulate the man I was a week ago. Congratulate the man I’m chasing. Congratulate the man who never existed,” Killam said while impersonating the actor. “And who is that?” Jost asked. “Me,” Killam as McConaughey replied.
The spoof was inspired by McConaughey’s introspective acceptance speech at the 86th annual Academy Awards where he won the best actor Oscar.
“You’ve gotta stay ahead of the pack, a lone wolf. And I’m hunting, sniffing, hungry for raw meats for the wife kids.
Supper time, potluck, and daddy brought it all!,” Killam said when Jost asked him about his career. Killam also referenced McConaughey’s previous speeches in his appearance. “Now the answer’s up there on Neptune, you just can’t see it because you didn’t bring your telescope.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The Neptune reference was made by McConaughey during his SAG Awards speech, which fellow winner Cate Blanchett also teased. “Matthew McConaughey spoke about Neptune! I think I can have five seconds,” she had said.