Matthew McConaughey’s Oscar speeches during this award season was playfully mocked on an episode of Saturday Night Live.
Comedian Taran Killam played the ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ star in the episode on the recent episode of the comedy show.
Sitting down next to new anchor Colin Jost and wearing a white tux similar to the one worn by McConaughey at the Oscars, Killam was quick to stop Jost, who complimented him on his win, reported Us magazine.
“Don’t congratulate me. Congratulate the man I was a week ago. Congratulate the man I’m chasing. Congratulate the man who never existed,” Killam said while impersonating the actor. “And who is that?” Jost asked. “Me,” Killam as McConaughey replied.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The spoof was inspired by McConaughey’s introspective acceptance speech at the 86th annual Academy Awards where he won the best actor Oscar.
“You’ve gotta stay ahead of the pack, a lone wolf. And I’m hunting, sniffing, hungry for raw meats for the wife kids.
Supper time, potluck, and daddy brought it all!,” Killam said when Jost asked him about his career. Killam also referenced McConaughey’s previous speeches in his appearance. “Now the answer’s up there on Neptune, you just can’t see it because you didn’t bring your telescope.”
The Neptune reference was made by McConaughey during his SAG Awards speech, which fellow winner Cate Blanchett also teased. “Matthew McConaughey spoke about Neptune! I think I can have five seconds,” she had said.