Oscar-winning actor Matthew McConaughey will be this year’s recipient of the American Cinematheque Award.
McConaughey, 44, is to be honoured for his contributions to cinema over the last 20 years at a fund-raising ceremony at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on October 21, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The American Cinematheque Award has been given away annually since 1986 to luminaries such as Martin Scorsese, Sean Connery, Matt Damon, Robert Downey Jr and Ben Stiller.
“The American Cinematheque is extremely pleased to honour Matthew McConaughey as the 28th recipient of the American Cinematheque Award at our celebration this year,” the organisation’s chairman Rick Nicita said.
“Matthew McConaughey is the epitome of what a Hollywood star should be – an adventurous, joyous and ever-growing talent combined with matinee-idol looks and an unshakeable sense of who he is and what he stands for,” Nicita added.
McConaughey will next be seen in director Christopher Nolan’s science fiction film ‘Interstellar’, which will open later this year.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched