Oscar-winning actor Matthew McConaughey will be this year’s recipient of the American Cinematheque Award.
McConaughey, 44, is to be honoured for his contributions to cinema over the last 20 years at a fund-raising ceremony at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on October 21, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The American Cinematheque Award has been given away annually since 1986 to luminaries such as Martin Scorsese, Sean Connery, Matt Damon, Robert Downey Jr and Ben Stiller.
“The American Cinematheque is extremely pleased to honour Matthew McConaughey as the 28th recipient of the American Cinematheque Award at our celebration this year,” the organisation’s chairman Rick Nicita said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Matthew McConaughey is the epitome of what a Hollywood star should be – an adventurous, joyous and ever-growing talent combined with matinee-idol looks and an unshakeable sense of who he is and what he stands for,” Nicita added.
McConaughey will next be seen in director Christopher Nolan’s science fiction film ‘Interstellar’, which will open later this year.