Pop star Mariah Carey and her ex-husband Nick Cannon have reportedly finalised their divorce and agreed on joint custody of their five-year-old twins, Moroccan and Monroe. The 46-year-old “Hero” singer and the TV personality, 36, married in 2008 in The Bahamas, and later welcomed fraternal twins Moroccan and Monroe in 2011. However, the pair announced their decision to go their separate ways in August, 2014, with Cannon filing for divorce in December that year.
Carey has been reportedly pushing Cannon to settle their divorce for over a year, so she could marry her new partner James Packer, to whom she got engaged in January. According, Cannon finally signed off on papers recently, with a pre-nuptial agreement apparently making property settlement straightforward. “She gets what she earned during the marriage, and he keeps what he earned,” a source said. It is also claimed that Nick and Mariah have agreed on joint custody of their five-year-old twins, with neither entitled to child support.
The news of Mariah’s divorce finalisation comes after she hit headlines late last month, with reports surfacing alleging that she had split from Australian billionaire Packer. Rumours suggested the couple’s very different lifestyles and Mariah’s upcoming reality TV show had contributed to the separation, but her representative later spoke out to set the record straight.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The spokesperson confirmed the couple has decided to take some time apart, admitting the singer has not seen Packer since cutting short a vacation in Greece in September. However, the representative insisted that the couple will address the status of their relationship in due course. The couple began dating in June, 2015 and Packer proposed to Carey with a massive 35-carat diamond ring during a private dinner in New York in January this year.