“The Amazing Spider-Man” director Marc Webb is “really excited but a little sad” about the upcoming reboot of Spider-Man.
The 40-year-old director said he is prepared that Spider-Man is going back to Marvel Universe, reported MTV.
“I’m really psyched that Spider-Man is going back to the Marvel universe, I’m really excited to see that incarnation,” he said.
Tom Holland was recently cast as Spider-Man for the reboot to be directed by Jon Watts.
- Spider-man Into the Spider-Verse trailer: Watch Miles Morales in action in this gorgeous trailer
- Justice League actor JK Simmons would love to star in Spider-Man again
- Zendaya Coleman to play leading lady in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- The web shooter returns
- The All Too Familiar Hero
- Marc Webb will direct 'Spider Man'
“Jon Watts is directing it, I knew him from the old music video days and he’d done some really fantastic music videos, so it’s really exciting. It’s sad a little bit to surrender that in a way – but it’s as it must be, I guess,” said Webb, who directed the previous two Spider-Man films.
“I think there’s a huge capacity for reinvention within the realm of the Spider-Man universe. It happens all the time in the comics, and as I’ve said many times before, Spider-Man belongs on screen.
“And there’s a lot of different ways to interpret that character whether it’s Miles Morales or Peter Parker or whomever. I’m really curious to see how that evolves,” he added.