Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong’o is rumoured to have met with ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ director JJ Abrams.
The 31-year-old Kenyan actress is being considered for the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi’s descendant, the Hollywood Reporter said.
There is a lot of secrecy surrounding the plot and casting decisions of ‘Star Wars’ owing to its high profile status and constant media coverage.
The character to be played by the ’12 Years a Slave’ star may be one of the lead female roles but there is a separate ongoing search for two actors – a male and female – in their twenties who will, most likely, have some form of romantic relationship.
A relative newcomer to mainstream Hollywood, Nyong’o attracted attention and widespread admiration for her role in ’12 Years a Slave’ in which she played Patsey. Nyong’o took home the Oscar for best supporting actress for her role in movie and it was around this time that she met with Abrams.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Nyong’o, following her performance in the historical drama and reception during the awards season, has been linked to a number of other productions in addition to ‘Star Wars’.
She was rumoured to be up for the role of Tiger Lily in ‘Pan’, a role which has since been filled by Rooney Mara. Nyong’o is also in the running for a courtroom drama, ‘The Whole Truth’, which Daniel Craig has already been cast in.
The seventh ‘Star Wars’ film is due to be released in December 2015.