Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong’o is rumoured to have met with ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ director JJ Abrams.
The 31-year-old Kenyan actress is being considered for the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi’s descendant, the Hollywood Reporter said.
There is a lot of secrecy surrounding the plot and casting decisions of ‘Star Wars’ owing to its high profile status and constant media coverage.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The character to be played by the ’12 Years a Slave’ star may be one of the lead female roles but there is a separate ongoing search for two actors – a male and female – in their twenties who will, most likely, have some form of romantic relationship.
A relative newcomer to mainstream Hollywood, Nyong’o attracted attention and widespread admiration for her role in ’12 Years a Slave’ in which she played Patsey. Nyong’o took home the Oscar for best supporting actress for her role in movie and it was around this time that she met with Abrams.
Nyong’o, following her performance in the historical drama and reception during the awards season, has been linked to a number of other productions in addition to ‘Star Wars’.
She was rumoured to be up for the role of Tiger Lily in ‘Pan’, a role which has since been filled by Rooney Mara. Nyong’o is also in the running for a courtroom drama, ‘The Whole Truth’, which Daniel Craig has already been cast in.
The seventh ‘Star Wars’ film is due to be released in December 2015.