Actor Leonardo DiCaprio is set to make an action thriller based on the real-life search for a fugitive fishing ship.
The 41-year-old actor will produce the movie, titled “The Outlaw Ocean” through his production company Appian Way for internet video streaming service Netflix.
The movie will tell the story of how a vigilante crew stalked a notorious fish poaching ship across 10,000 miles and three oceans, reported Female First.
- Steven Spielberg and Leonardo DiCaprio in talks to team up on Ulysses S Grant biopic
- Timothy Olyphant in Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood?
- Brad Pitt to star in Quentin Tarantino’s Manson movie
- John Logan to script Leonardo DiCaprio’s Leonardo da Vinci biopic
- Leonardo DiCaprio producing Captain Planet movie
- Leonardo DiCaprio partners with Netflix for documentary projects
DiCaprio, a committed environmental activist, had signed a deal with Netflix to produce non-fiction based films and documentaries about controversial environmental themes.
“There’s never been a more critical time for our planet or more of a need for gifted storytellers to help us all make sense of the issues we face,” he said.