Leonardo DiCaprio is “definitely” and “should” win the best actor Oscar, says Eddie Redmayne.
The 41-year-old star is yet to receive an Academy Award in his life but is odds-on favourite to scoop the prize for his portrayal of frontiersman Hugh Glass in “The Revenant” at the star-studded ceremony to be held in LA on February 28.
Even his fellow nominee, who is recognised for his portrayal of Lili Elbe in “The Danish Girl”, has backed his rival, saying the trophy “should” be his.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“(Leonardo is) definitely going to win and should. I feel excited just to be invited to the party, frankly.”
Other stars in the category include Bryan Cranston for “Trumbo”, Matt Damon for “The Martian” and Michael Fassbender for “Steve Jobs”.
- Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio tweets his thanks to The Academy, Bollywood congratulates the actor on Twitter
- Leonardo DiCaprio breaks Oscar jinx, wins Best Actor for The Revenant
- Leonardo DiCaprio and his tale of Oscars, will The Revenant prove lucky?
- Leonardo Dicaprio Oscars Game released
- Eddie Redmayne wins best actor Oscar for 'Theory of Everything'
- Oscar Awards 2015 HIGHLIGHTS: 'Birdman', Eddie Redmayne, Julianne Moore win big
Redmayne won the coveted gong last year for his work in “The Theory of Everything” and being nominated this time around for his acclaimed performance as a transgender pioneer means he could walk home with a consecutive Oscar.