Leonardo DiCaprio is “definitely” and “should” win the best actor Oscar, says Eddie Redmayne.
The 41-year-old star is yet to receive an Academy Award in his life but is odds-on favourite to scoop the prize for his portrayal of frontiersman Hugh Glass in “The Revenant” at the star-studded ceremony to be held in LA on February 28.
Even his fellow nominee, who is recognised for his portrayal of Lili Elbe in “The Danish Girl”, has backed his rival, saying the trophy “should” be his.
“(Leonardo is) definitely going to win and should. I feel excited just to be invited to the party, frankly.”
Other stars in the category include Bryan Cranston for “Trumbo”, Matt Damon for “The Martian” and Michael Fassbender for “Steve Jobs”.
- Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio tweets his thanks to The Academy, Bollywood congratulates the actor on Twitter
- Leonardo DiCaprio breaks Oscar jinx, wins Best Actor for The Revenant
- Leonardo DiCaprio and his tale of Oscars, will The Revenant prove lucky?
- Leonardo Dicaprio Oscars Game released
- Eddie Redmayne wins best actor Oscar for 'Theory of Everything'
- Oscar Awards 2015 HIGHLIGHTS: 'Birdman', Eddie Redmayne, Julianne Moore win big
Redmayne won the coveted gong last year for his work in “The Theory of Everything” and being nominated this time around for his acclaimed performance as a transgender pioneer means he could walk home with a consecutive Oscar.
For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App now