Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio says he declined a lucrative offer to star in hit 1993 film ‘Hocus Pocus’ in hopes of bagging a chance to do ‘What’s Eating Gilbert Grape’.
The 39-year-old actor said he had not even auditioned for Lasse Hallstrom’s drama when ‘Hocus Pocus’ came his way with a lucrative offer. However, he rejected it in hopes to play Johnny Depp’s mentally-handicapped brother in ‘What’s Eating Gilbert Grape’, reported Variety.
“I don’t know where the hell I got the nerve (to turn down Hocus Pocus). You live in an environment where you’re influenced by people telling you to make a lot of money and strike while the iron’s hot,” DiCaprio said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“But if there’s one thing I’m very proud of, it’s being a young man who was sticking to my guns,” he added.