Leonardo DiCaprio, Bono, Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai and Bill and Melinda Gates will be onstage for next week’s Global Citizen Festival in New York City.
The September 26 event that stars Beyonce, Pearl Jam and Coldplay is a highlight of the annual gathering of world leaders at the United Nations.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon will be there, along with several prime ministers and CEOs.
- Malala’s brief return to Pakistan is a big defeat for terrorism
- I’ve never been so happy, says Nobel winner Malala who visits hometown Pakistan
- Malala Yousafzai returns to Pakistan after 6 years; gets everyone talking on Twitter
- Six years after being shot by the Taliban, Malala Yousafzai returns to Pakistan
- Kajol to take hygiene message to UN General Assembly
- Leonardo DiCaprio donates $ 2 million for environmental conservation
The previously announced celebrity hosts include Stephen Colbert, Kerry Washington, Salma Hayek Pinault, Olivia Wilde and Hugh Jackman.
Ed Sheeran, Common and Indian singer Sunidhi Chauhan will also be performing in Central Park for the multi-hour event.
It will air on MSNBC and stream on iHeartRadio and Tidal. The event will highlight the launch of an ambitious set of global development goals.