British pop star Lee Ryan has decided to check into rehab after he was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and drug possession.
The Blue singer, 30, was taken into custody in the early hours of Friday after police officers allegedly found illegal drugs in his car during a search, reported Daily Star.
He was taken to a police station for questioning and charged with failing to provide a specimen after refusing to take a breath test. Ryan was later hit with an additional charge of criminal damage after he allegedly urinated all over his holding cell.
Ryan said that he has been heavily drinking since February after he overcame an addiction to sleeping pills. He believes his arrest was a wake-up call and he will head to The Priory rehab facility in London to get help.
“I know I’ve let people down. Being arrested and ending up in a cell was the biggest wake-up call to me. It made me realise there is a problem I can’t keep ignoring. I need to do something about it,” he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Me going to rehab isn’t a cop-out. I still take full responsibility for the way I’ve behaved. There is nobody to blame but myself and I’m deeply ashamed of what has happened. I am doing this because I have finally admitted I need help. I want to stop hurting the people around me.
“I can see that my actions were irresponsible and that I put myself and others in danger. For that I am truly sorry.”
The singer was released on bail and is due to appear at Ealing Magistrates’ Court in London on May 2.