British pop star Lee Ryan has decided to check into rehab after he was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and drug possession.
The Blue singer, 30, was taken into custody in the early hours of Friday after police officers allegedly found illegal drugs in his car during a search, reported Daily Star.
He was taken to a police station for questioning and charged with failing to provide a specimen after refusing to take a breath test. Ryan was later hit with an additional charge of criminal damage after he allegedly urinated all over his holding cell.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Ryan said that he has been heavily drinking since February after he overcame an addiction to sleeping pills. He believes his arrest was a wake-up call and he will head to The Priory rehab facility in London to get help.
“I know I’ve let people down. Being arrested and ending up in a cell was the biggest wake-up call to me. It made me realise there is a problem I can’t keep ignoring. I need to do something about it,” he said.
“Me going to rehab isn’t a cop-out. I still take full responsibility for the way I’ve behaved. There is nobody to blame but myself and I’m deeply ashamed of what has happened. I am doing this because I have finally admitted I need help. I want to stop hurting the people around me.
“I can see that my actions were irresponsible and that I put myself and others in danger. For that I am truly sorry.”
The singer was released on bail and is due to appear at Ealing Magistrates’ Court in London on May 2.