Lawyers for pop star Justin Bieber are asking a judge to prevent semi-clad images of the teenage singer in Miami Beach police custody following his arrest last month, from being released to the media, according to a motion filed late on Friday.
“While in custody at the Miami Beach police station the defendant was captured on videotape in various states of undress which show intimate personal parts of the defendant’s body,” the motion states, noting that the Florida constitution and state law prevent such images from being publicly disclosed.
Justin Bieber, 19, was charged with driving under influence, resisting arrest and using an expired license after police say they caught him allegedly drag racing on Jan. 23. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
He also had marijuana and prescription medication for anxiety in his system at the time of his arrest, according to the state attorney’s office.
One video of Justin Bieber in police custody being patted down by and Miami Beach officer was already released to the media this week, the motion states, in violation of the law and prior to Justin Bieber’s lawyers being notified of its existence.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On Friday, Justin Bieber’s Miami lawyers Black, Srebnick, Kornspan & Stumpf, said they learned from the state attorney’s office that various news media outlets had filed public records requests for all videotape footage from Bieber’s time in detention.
The Miami Beach police and the state attorney’s office were not immediately available to comment.
A Florida court has set a March 3 trial date for Justin Bieber, who is Canadian, on the charges stemming from the Jan. 23 arrest.
Justin Bieber, whose private life has taken a tumultuous turn in the past year, was also charged last week with assaulting a limousine driver in Toronto in December.