Actor Vin Diesel has revealed that the makers of his yet-to-be-released film “The Last Witch Hunter” have already planned a sequel.
Diesel broke the news on his Facebook page and said that the movie might become a franchise, reported Aceshowbiz.
“So the studio apparently is so excited by the Last Witch Hunter – The Axe and Cross franchise… that they are already commencing on the next one,” Diesel wrote.
He also told fans that the studio had already asked him to be back to the possible sequel.
- Vin Diesel to star in Fast and Furious live show
- Samuel L Jackson returns to 'XXX' franchise
- Deepika Padukone working with Vin Diesel in the next 'XXX' film?
- Vin Diesel features in 'The Last Witch Hunter' trailer
- Vin Diesel teases 'The Iron Giant' sequel
- Vin Diesel struggling with Paul Walker's death
“The first one doesn’t hit theaters until October 23rd, yet they want me to commit and already block out time to film it. As always, I love to hear your feedback,” he continued.
Diesel is already busy with “Fast and Furious 8”, so the studio probably wants to lock him up as soon as possible.
Directed by Brek Eisner, “The Last Witch Hunter” follows Kaulder (Diesel), an immortal witch hunter who has spent centuries hunting down rogue witches, all the while yearning for his long-lost loved ones.
The movie also stars Rose Leslie, Elijah Wood, Michael Caine and Julie Engelbrecht.