Actress Kate Winslet has banned her two eldest children from using social media because she worries it will severely damage their self-esteem.
The 40-year-old actress shuns sites like Twitter and Facebook, and she has decided to issue a blanket ban on her teenage daughter Mia and 11-year-old son Joe’s online use to avoid the negative comments youths are often subjected to on the Internet, reported Contactmusic.
The “Steve Jobs” star said, “It has a huge impact on young women’s self-esteem, because all they ever do is design themselves for people to like them.
- Kate Winslet on Harvey Weinstein: He was just so horrible to deal with
- Wonder Wheel actor Kate Winslet: Don't want to be a person who won an Oscar and then disappeared
- Wonder Wheel actor Kate Winslet: I worry about the extra pressure to be ‘perfect' on girls
- When Leonardo DiCaprio warned Kate Winslet
- No social media for Kate Winslet, her children
- No women in my life were positive about body image: Kate Winslet
“And what comes along with that? Eating disorders. And that makes my blood boil. And that is the reason we don’t have social media in our house.”