DMK president M Karunanidhi today condoled the death of British filmmaker Richard Attenborough,
paying rich tributes to the deceased Oscar winning director.
The DMK chief said Attenborough had achieved popularity inIndia and abroad after his film ‘Gandhi’ was released world over even as he credited the director with spreading Mahatma Gandhi’s fame all over and creating awareness about him.
Much like the British engineer, Col. John Pennycuick who sold and mortgaged his property to complete construction of the Mullaperiar Dam, Attenborough had done the same thing to complete ‘Gandhi’, which won eight Oscars, including the Best Director for him, Karunanidhi said in a statement. “I express condolences on my behalf and that of the party,” he said.
Attenborough, best known in India for his biopic on the Mahatma, died on Sunday following illness.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet