Dwayne Johnson has announced his latest movie, Jumanji reboot, will now be released at Christmas next year. The movie, billed as a sequel to the 1995 action comedy starring Robin Williams, will now be released in time for the 2017 festive season – seven months after its original July 28 date.
However, the new release date puts it in direct competition with the eagerly anticipated sequel “Star Wars: Episode VIII”, as well as “Pitch Perfect 3.”
Johnson stars alongside Jack Black, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan and Nick Jonas in the new movie, and the former wrestler announced the news on Instagram.
“Excited to share this great news: CHRISTMAS of 2017 comes early for our #JUMANJI SEQUEL,” he captioned a brooding shot of the cast deep in the jungle.
“We were always slated to be released summer of 2017, but after months of shooting and editing our movie together, we realised we have a big family franchise on our hands, that’s full of Christmas wish fulfillment (sic), fun and heart.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Like so many of us, it’s my FAVOURITE time of the year and I LUV (sic) delivering holiday entertainment. From MOANA this Thanksgiving, to ROCK THE TROOPS this Christmas, to JUMANJI next Christmas! Calling Rudolph now to get our sleigh and fanny packs,” he joked.
The Jake Kasdan-directed movie will reportedly follow four teenagers playing the mysterious board game and controlling the fate of their characters, played by Johnson, Hart, Black, and Gillan.