Hollywood star Johnny Depp has been subpoenaed in a peculiar murder trial by a lawyer who wants to prove his client’s insanity.
Depp, 50, was served with legal documents at the premiere of his movie ‘Transcendence’ on April 10 in a criminal case stemming from a road accident in LA in 2009, reported TMZ online.
The defence of the client Nancy Lekon is hoping to prove Lekon insane in a case in which she is facing a murder charge for mowing down a pedestrian while driving a limousine in the Skid Row neighbourhood of LA in 2009.
At the time of her arrest, Lekon had told the authorities she was in the area to meet Depp, with whom she was allegedly having a relationship.
Lekon’s trial is due to take place later this month, where she plans to plea not guilty by reason of insanity. Her defence is hoping to demonstrate her insanity by calling Depp to the stand.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review