Hollywood star Johnny Depp has been subpoenaed in a peculiar murder trial by a lawyer who wants to prove his client’s insanity.
Depp, 50, was served with legal documents at the premiere of his movie ‘Transcendence’ on April 10 in a criminal case stemming from a road accident in LA in 2009, reported TMZ online.
The defence of the client Nancy Lekon is hoping to prove Lekon insane in a case in which she is facing a murder charge for mowing down a pedestrian while driving a limousine in the Skid Row neighbourhood of LA in 2009.
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
At the time of her arrest, Lekon had told the authorities she was in the area to meet Depp, with whom she was allegedly having a relationship.
Lekon’s trial is due to take place later this month, where she plans to plea not guilty by reason of insanity. Her defence is hoping to demonstrate her insanity by calling Depp to the stand.