John Travolta has signed on to star in a new true crime anthology series for FX next year concerning the infamous O J Simpson trial.
“American Crime Story” is set to debut in 2016, and the momentous trial will be the subject of its first season, reported Fox News.
The former “Saturday Night Fever” and “Pulp Fiction” star will play the part of Robert Shapiro, Simpson’s attorney.
- Watch Gotti trailer: John Travolta is gearing up to build something unbreakable in NYC!
- John Travolta accepted American Crime Story on advice of Tom Hanks
- Watch out for the first time Emmy nominees in 2016!
- People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story wins big at 2016 TCA Awards
- John Travolta wishes to join ‘American Crime Story’ season 2
- Connie Britton to star in ‘American Crime Story’ miniseries
Travolta remembers when Simpson was riding in a white Ford Bronco in that infamous slow-speed pursuit in 1994 before he surrendered to police and later faced murder charges in the deaths of his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ronald Goldman.
“I had just gotten back from the Cannes Film Festival where we won the Palme d’Or for ‘Pulp Fiction.’ I was on this kind of high with a new (revived) career and then this American tragedy was happening,” the actor said.
Ryan Murphy is directing the series, now about one week into filming.