“The Deer Hunter” star John Savage has joined James Franco‘s newest project “In Dubious Battle”.
Franco will both star in and direct the film adaptation of the 1936 John Steinbeck novel, which recently cast Nat Wolff in a lead role.
Savage, best known for his roles in “The Deer Hunter” and “The Thin Red Line’, will play a form labourer who fears losing his job, Deadline reported.
- James Franco turns bad into gold with Globe for The Disaster Artist
- Golden Globes 2018: Why The Disaster Artist could win Best Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy)
- Disney's full 2018 movie lineup: Superheroes, intergalactic smugglers, animated adventures and more
- Alita Battle Angel trailer: James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez's film look downright unsettling
- VIDEO: Big Bang Theory's Kunal Nayyar and Mayim Bialik ROAST in this rap-battle is SAVAGE!
- Padmavati: Ranveer Singh's first look as Alauddin Khilji wins over Twitterati
The story focuses on unionisation and the fears of workers as they try to ensure better wages and treatment from employers.
Savage joins Bryan Cranston, Selena Gomez, Robert Duvall, Ed Harris, Sam Shepard, Danny McBride and Vincent D’Onofrio in the film.
“In Dubious Battle” will begin shooting in Atlanta this week.