“The Deer Hunter” star John Savage has joined James Franco‘s newest project “In Dubious Battle”.
Franco will both star in and direct the film adaptation of the 1936 John Steinbeck novel, which recently cast Nat Wolff in a lead role.
Savage, best known for his roles in “The Deer Hunter” and “The Thin Red Line’, will play a form labourer who fears losing his job, Deadline reported.
- Padmavati: Ranveer Singh's first look as Alauddin Khilji wins over Twitterati
- Idhu Vedhalam Sollum Kadhai teaser: Abhay Deol intrigues us with savage look in his Tamil debut
- Terminator 6: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton and James Cameron to return
- Jeremy Irvine joins Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!'s cast
- Sir Roger Moore dies at 89; Twitterati mourn death of the James Bond actor
- Bryan Cranston joins James Franco's 'The Disaster Artist'
The story focuses on unionisation and the fears of workers as they try to ensure better wages and treatment from employers.
Savage joins Bryan Cranston, Selena Gomez, Robert Duvall, Ed Harris, Sam Shepard, Danny McBride and Vincent D’Onofrio in the film.
“In Dubious Battle” will begin shooting in Atlanta this week.