‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain has called for a female superhero movie to be released.
The 37-year-old actress criticised Marvel and Hollywood for not giving Scarlett Johansson’s popular ‘Avengers’ character Black Widow her own solo movie, reported The Wrap.
“Where is the Scarlett Johansson superhero movie? I don’t understand it, why is it taking so long for this? This woman clearly shows that people want to go see her in the movies,” Chastain said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“‘Lucy’, didn’t it beat ‘Hercules’ by a lot opening weekend, when it was made for a lot less? She shows that she kicks ass, she’s a great actress. ‘Under the Skin’ is an incredible film, and why are we still waiting for a go-ahead on a superhero movie starring Scarlett Johansson?
“To me, it’s a no-brainer. You want to make money, put Scarlett Johansson in her own superhero movie,” she added.
Johansson will reprise her role as international assassin Black Widow in the upcoming ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ alongside Robert Downey Jr, Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans.