Nude photos of more than 100 well-known celebrities including Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, Selena Gomez, Kirsten Dunst among others, have leaked online in one of the biggest celebrity hacking scandals in recent memory.
The pictures, which first appeared on image-sharing site 4chan, show most of the celebrities nude or in provocative poses, reported Variety.
A spokesperson for Lawrence confirmed the photos were real and blasted the hackers.
“This is a flagrant violation of privacy. The authorities have been contacted and will prosecute anyone who posts the stolen photos of Jennifer Lawrence,” Lawrence’s representative said.
Another photo showing ‘Final Destination 3’ star Mary Elizabeth Winstead naked was also posted. The actress responded to the leak on Twitter.
“Knowing those photos were deleted long ago, I can only imagine the creepy effort that went into this. Feeling for everyone who got hacked,” she said.
A picture showing model Kate Upton covering her modesty also circulated online.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A total of 101 celebrities were hacked, although it is unclear how many of those photos are authentic.
Other stars on the list include Aubrey Plaza, Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Rihanna, Lea Michele, Hillary Duff, Cat Deeley and US soccer star Hope Solo.
Actress Victoria Justice, however, insisted that the photos of her were fake.
“These so called nudes of me are fake people. Let me nip this in the bud right now (pun intended),” she said.
Many celebrities have been victims of nude photo leaks. In late 2012, a man was sentenced to 10 years in prison for hacking into the online accounts of Scarlett Johansson and Mila Kunis and posting their private pictures online.