Nude photos of more than 100 well-known celebrities including Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, Selena Gomez, Kirsten Dunst among others, have leaked online in one of the biggest celebrity hacking scandals in recent memory.
The pictures, which first appeared on image-sharing site 4chan, show most of the celebrities nude or in provocative poses, reported Variety.
A spokesperson for Lawrence confirmed the photos were real and blasted the hackers.
“This is a flagrant violation of privacy. The authorities have been contacted and will prosecute anyone who posts the stolen photos of Jennifer Lawrence,” Lawrence’s representative said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Another photo showing ‘Final Destination 3’ star Mary Elizabeth Winstead naked was also posted. The actress responded to the leak on Twitter.
“Knowing those photos were deleted long ago, I can only imagine the creepy effort that went into this. Feeling for everyone who got hacked,” she said.
A picture showing model Kate Upton covering her modesty also circulated online.
A total of 101 celebrities were hacked, although it is unclear how many of those photos are authentic.
Other stars on the list include Aubrey Plaza, Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Rihanna, Lea Michele, Hillary Duff, Cat Deeley and US soccer star Hope Solo.
Actress Victoria Justice, however, insisted that the photos of her were fake.
“These so called nudes of me are fake people. Let me nip this in the bud right now (pun intended),” she said.
Many celebrities have been victims of nude photo leaks. In late 2012, a man was sentenced to 10 years in prison for hacking into the online accounts of Scarlett Johansson and Mila Kunis and posting their private pictures online.