“Mad Men” star January Jones says marriage isn’t important to her because she does not “need the tax write-off”.
The 37-year-old actress, who recently started dating her “The Last Men on Earth” co-star Will Forte, insists she is not afraid of tying the knot, reported Contactmusic.
“I think when I was younger I was keen on having marriage, kids and all that. But as I got into my late twenties and early thirties, all my ideals shifted and having a document to prove love wasn’t really important to me. It’s the relationships that were important, and I still think that way,” she said.
- International Women’s Day: 4 women survivors who beat all odds to become leaders
- ‘I can do it all, but all of it is not mine to do’: Woman’s FB post attacking ‘gender based-roles’ in homes goes viral
- Being a feminist, and a sexual creature is still complicated says Author Helen Fielding
- Jaipur Literature Festival: Helen Fielding on creating Bridget Jones, chick lit and number one dating advice
- This woman got $1 from a serial killer who MURDERED Gianni Versace, and her story in bone-chilling
- After Aziz Ansari was accused of sexual misconduct, these two Twitter threads look at larger questions
But Jones admits she probably wouldn’t reject a proposal from the right man.
“I mean, if someone came along and was obsessed with marrying me, I would think about that. But growing up, all my family was married and never really got divorced, so marriage was a big deal, it was something you definitely did, so it’s not that I’m afraid of it. I just don’t need the tax write-off.”