Actor Jake Gyllenhaal will make his stage musical debut as geeky florist Seymour Krelborn in the upcoming reboot of hit 1982 play “Little Shop of Horrors”.
Saturday Night Live’s Taran Killam will join Gyllenhaal, 34, as Orin Scrivello, better known as the sadistic dentist played by Steve Martin in the 1986 film, an adaptation of the play, reported Entertainment Weekly.
Ellen Greene, who originated the role of ditzy bombshell Audrey in the original stage production and film, will reprise her role.
- Hollywood Film Awards honour Kate Winslet, Jake Gyllenhaal and Gary Oldman
- Jake Gyllenhaal turns down 'Suicide Squad' role
- Jake Gyllenhaal had sliced his hand open while shooting 'Nightcrawler'
- Now,The next stage for Jake Gyllenhaal
- Jake Gyllenhaal takes a race against time
- Jake Gyllenhaal's Race against Time
Chuck Cooper will lend his voice to Audrey II, the carnivorous plant who tempts Seymour with promises of fame, glory, and the heart of his unrequited love, Audrey.
The cast also includes Tracy Nicole Chapman as Chiffon, Marva Hicks as Crystal, and Ramona Keller as Ronnette. Patricia Wilcox will choreograph.
Originally slated as a one-night-only performance, the Dick Scanlan-directed concert production will now play three performances at New York’s City Center on July 1 and 2, 2015.