Millions were left with tearful eyes when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 was released in 2011. The only place Potterheads found solace was in the pages of the old books and on the site Pottermore. It was only earlier this year when the trailers of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them released that fans from all over the world found another reason to look forward to the year 2016. Although the film does not have any of the iconic cast members — Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and Tom Felton — the film features Oscar-winning actor Eddie Redmayne, Colin Farrell, Katherine Waterston, Dan Fogler and Ezra Miller.
What is the film all about?
Set in 1926 in New York, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them takes us to a new era of J.K. Rowling’s wizarding world, decades before Harry Potter landed. A mysterious something has destroyed parts of the city that leads to a lot of tension between wizards and No-Majs (American for Muggles). For those who have been familiar with the books of JK Rowling must be aware that the wizarding community is very secretive about their existence. Students are expelled from Hogwarts if they use magic outside school. Amidst this, a dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald, after wreaking havoc in Europe, has slipped away and is now nowhere to be found.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Incognisant of strained moments in the city, Newt Scamander arrives in the city nearing the end of a global excursion to research and rescue magical creatures, some of which are safeguarded in the magical hidden dimensions of his deceptively nondescript leather case. But potential disaster strikes when unsuspecting No-Maj Jacob Kowalski inadvertently lets some of Newt’s beasts loose in a city already.
Who’s behind the making of the film?
JK Rowling has made her debut screenplay in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It will be based on the same book she wrote in 2001. Back then, the popularity of Potter was more than its counterparts. The film will be directed by David Yates, who previously directed, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I and II, Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince.
Will Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley be there?
Although the screenplay and the book has been written by JK Rowling, there has been no hint about the existence of these famous friends. The film will focus more on the magical world she created. In her previous seven books and the play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Rowling has been mainly concentrated about the life of one particular wizard. It seems Fantastic Beasts And Where to Find Them will tell a detailed story about the magical world.